Monday, April 16, 2012

Communications - My thoughts on JOUR 205

Other than my COMS 101 class, JOUR 205 has been my first look at the study of communication.  I was very skeptical when I started this class, nervous that it may be too difficult or that it might be extremely boring.  I found myself to be very mistaken.  I did not realize that the art of communication could go into such depth, and professor Gearhart has done an excellent job at giving us a wide spectrum of what the study of communications really is.  During one of our first lectures, we briefly went over some body language, and the ways to read someone just by the way they are sitting.  I was amazed at what you could learn about someone just by their actions.  During another lecture, we debated a political topic regarding proposition 2.  Although I did not have much information on the subject, the debate was so interesting that I am doing a school project on Prop 2.  I am only a small portion into this communications class, but it has been one of the first classes in some time that I really enjoy attending.  I am currently a 4th year on the verge of graduating, so it is too late for me to consider a major change.  I am taking this class to earn a minor in agriculture communications, and I am elated that I was able to take this class before I graduate.  I am excited for a great quarter, and cant wait to see what is in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment